Shenvalee Golf Courses
Shenvalee Golf Resort in New Market, VA features 27 PGA holes of golf on three separate nine-hole courses. The “Olde Course” first opened to the public in 1927 with Bobby Jones performing the honors, and still maintains its original design today. “Olde Course” was built by a large force of men wielding picks and shovels using horse-drawn wagons to transport excavated dirt. A “back nine” was added in 1964, and in 1992 nine additional holes were created, thus forming today’s “Creek Course” and “Miller Course”. In 2016 Shenvalee Golf Resort added an exciting new activity called “FlingGolf” to their courses – this sport can be played alongside the conventional golfer. Click here to learn about FlingGolf.
The VSGA recommended speed-of-play for 18 hole combinations at Shenvalee is 4 hours and 6 minutes.
Local Rules & Regulations
1. Play is governed by the rules of golf (USGA® Rules & Decisions).
2. Balls that strike overhead power lines, telephone lines, or poles within bounds must be replayed without penalty.
3. Keep carts at least 25 feet from green.
4. Out of bounds is defined as off club property and/or as indicated by white posts/stakes and white circled trees.
5. Appropriate golf attire is requested. Check with the pro shop with any questions as to proper attire.
6. Please keep up with the group ahead of you at all times.
Shenvalee Golf Resort is one of the oldest continuously operating golf courses in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Shenvalee is a mature course with spectacular mountain views, manicured greens and fairways, and hole designs that provide an enjoyable round for even the seasoned professional.